CleanStart is a sustainable waste management social enterprise that specializes in extreme cleaning of hoarder properties and pest control preparation.CleanStart delivers social and environmental impact in the Downtown Eastside (DTES) and other communities in Metro Vancouver by providing training and development opportunities to individuals with barriers to employment and diverting waste to be recycled/reused.
CleanStart was experiencing significant growth and needed a strategic growth plan to source additional funding and provide direction for the enterprise.
Our team led CleanStart through a process of:
- Current state analysis of the enterprise to understand capacity constraints
- Risk assessment to develop effective risk mitigation strategy
- Market research to determine competitive advantage and growth strategy
- Revenue assessment to inform sustainability of specific revenue streams and identify top opportunities for growth
- Developing financial plan to project growth and identify potential cashflow issues
- Developing a strategic Growth Plan to achieve enterprise priorities
- Defining a 90-day Action Plan for implementing the Growth Plan and to confirm the overall direction of the social enterprise
- Establishing management dashboard to aid in operational decision-making and measure social/environmental impact
CleanStart was able to secure additional financing with their Growth Plan and increase capacity by adding a second truck to their operations. This resulted in sustainable revenue growth and an increase in market share. A major government contract was subsequently signed which further contributes to future revenues and CleanStart’s social and environmental missions.
Download the CleanStart case study PDF